In this step, you'll see how easy it is to add or modify a page or post in the new system.
There are three types of pages in the store:
- eCommerce pages: Categories, products, cart, checkout, my account and etc. These pages are normally modified using the code and it's better to leave it to a developer. You can use your own developer or we will do the changes there for you (we do small adjustments which take under 15 minutes at no charge for our clients)
- Blog posts: informational posts or articles that you can add to the system to keep your customers informed about your industry news and new products or promotions you are running. We can even set up an automatic email to be sent to notify your subscribers about new blog posts added to your portal.
- Static pages: those are the with the general information like About Us, Terms and Conditions, Privacy statement, Return policy and etc.
On the setup stage, you need to worry only about Static pages.
3.1. Adding and modifying static pages
Go to Pages -> Add new
or Pages -> All pages -> Edit
There are 2 ways to create and edit pages:
- Built-in simple editor - this option is fine for a simple page with only text and images
- Elementor - advanced editor gives you a very powerful way to design and layout your pages
Click Edit with Elementor (we have a video intro to using Elementor here)
Click here for a video introduction to Elementor Advanced content editor.
3.2 Adding your pages to the menu
To add a new page to the menu, go to Appearance -> Menu -> Pages (View All)
Select the page and click "Add to menu" to add it to the currently selected menu and drag and drop it to adjust the position in that menu
Click Save Menu to save the changes
3.3 Adding links to your pages to the footer
The links in the footer are controlled by widgets
You can modify them from Appearance -> Customize -> Widgets -> Footer
from Appearance -> Widgets -> Footer
Let us know if you need any help here.
Please sign in to leave a comment.