There are 4 ways to get your products into the new system:
- Connect your online portal to your product management system: If you have your products in some Enterprise Management System (EMS) or Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) like NetSuite or Product Information Management (PIM) system like Akeneo vs Pimcore and will continue using that system, the best way is to connect your storefront or an online portal to that system to keep your product and inventory information up-to-date and consistent across all your systems. We have an integration with most third-party systems. Please contact us to discuss the options we offer.
- Migrate data: If you are switching from an old e-commerce system, we can migrate your product information directly from that system - please contact us to discuss the cost of such migration - we will need to know some details about the old system you are migrating from.
- Import data: You can export products from the old system into CSV format, modify the format to be compatible with the new system, and import it. Click Here for more details on importing your products or send your Excel or CSV file to us if you need help.
- Add manually: You can add your product to the new system manually using Products -> Add New menu.
4.1. Adding a new category
Go to Products -> Categories and enter your new category details into the "Add new category" section.
Tip: Try to use long and detailed category descriptions. It will be used as the default description meta tag for search engine optimization and will help to get your pages to show up on the first page of Google search results.
In the same section, you can change the category sorting using a sorting icon on the right to drag and drop your categories in the desired order.
Tip: if you have a lot of categories, click "Screen Options", uncheck "Description" and change the "Number of items per page" to "100" click Apply. This will condense the list of categories into a more manageable and shorter format.
4.2. Adding a new product
Go to Product -> Add New menu
The minimum product details to add:
- Product name
- Regular price
- Product image
- Product category
Recommended product details:
- Short description
- Focus Keyword (this is the main keyword you want to show this product on the first page of Google)
- Shipping weight and dimensions (this information will be used for real-time rates calculations and to select the box and number of boxes in the shipment)
- Brand (this will help your customers to filter products by brand in the list)
Click the Update button in the right column to save the product.
Click on "Permalink" to open this product on the frontend of your online portal to see how your customers will see it.
You can find a video introduction to managing wholesale prices here: https://support.finestshops.com/hc/en-us/articles/360052496972-Wholesale-ecommerce-registration-ordering-and-price-management-in-FinestShops-Wholesale-eCommerce-system